C is the great Programming language, and if you know detail about C you can do everything with Computer . Python, Perl, and Java are based on C. The most fabulous part is that the GNU/Linux system is built under C. This year I am teaching C as well as Operating System. Actually , I am breaking the conventional trend in C labs, earlier labs were based on Turbo-C and on Windows system. However, from this year onward student would be using GNU/Linux (Ubuntu) and as Gcc Compiler for C Programming.
One of the student asks me about the reason for migration. To be precise and simple,its due to the following reasons.
- Linux System offers us the freedom, its due to the liberty of open-source and free software.
- Turbo C is very inefficient Compiler than Gcc.
- Have opportunity to learn both (Linux System and C Programming) at one time.
- To exhilarate student their enthusiasm and passion on FOSS.
- To guide and lit student rather than put them in dark room.
- Lastly, to get rid of Piracy, Viruses, Naughty Licenses and much more …………….
2 comments on “Why Gcc and Linux System in NEC”
sir, maile ubuntu 11.04 ma nec college ko proxy server setting garna sakin.
i have search a lot in net but there is no solution for proxy setting. plz sir, if u have any idea for that then tweet about that and keep in ur blogs
Are you talking about Browser setting, just go to Edit—–> Preferences—-> Network —–> Setting—Manaual Proxy Setting
HTTP proxy: 10.0.3.1 and port 3128.
Check for use this proxy server for all protocols.
To apply system wide:
There is Network Proxy in Application Search for it and configure it accordingly.
Hope this will help.