Linux System Administration, Services and Security:
- Linux Introduction (Linux Basic). 30 hrs
- Linux System Administration 20 hrs
- Linux Network Services and Security 20 hrs.
Class Room Scenario:
Need each individual a workable machine which can be formatted to install the Linux. Maximum students enrollment: 20
Section 1: Linux Introduction (Linux Basic): 30hrs
This section focuses on basic Linux Introduction, command line and Desktop uses.
- FOSS philosophy
- Linux Introduction and History
- Linux Installation (ubuntu, Redhat, Fedora, Debian)
- Linux Command line basic (cp, mv, mkdir etc)
- Linux File system
- GUI and common FOSS applications
- Text based editor in Linux (vim)
- Browsing the file system
- Text processing tools
- User, group and permission
- Standard Input and pipes
- Finding and processing files
- Bash Shell Scripting
Section2: Linux System Administration: 20 hrs.
- System initialization and boot sequence
- Package management (yum and apt-get, synaptic ,dpkg, rpm etc)
- Kernel and System Services.
- User and Group administration
- File-system management
- Quota, Raid and LVM
- Advance Network configuration
Section3: Linux Network Services and Security 20 hrs.
- System performance and security
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Network File sharing (NFS)
- Web Services (Apache)
- Electronic mail Services (Sendmail, Postfix and qmail)
- Firewall (TCP wrapper and Iptables)